Pages

Wednesday 13 July 2011

Dreaming of Home

I am a (small) city dweller.
I  live in an inner suburb of a somewhat thriving little hub, namely the Gold Coast.
I cannot say 'I love my city' for in a list of pro's and con's, the latter outweighs. There are many fantastic benefits of living so close to the shores, and the sun,

Beaching with Birdman





































and in comparison to places I've lived before, such as Melbourne, there is definitely a more relaxed pace of life (although I miss Melbourne town and its vibrancy oh so often!) But I find the (generalising here!) attitude of the citie's inhabitants rather off putting, and hard to grasp. Materialism reigns supreme, and superficiality is Queen Bee.

The move here was somewhat spontaneous, in the form of gilted lovers (me) and a
pack what you can fit in a suitcase and escape to the sun, leave your life behind and run
attitude. I had no knowledge of the Sunshine state, or the mindset, culture (or lack thereof) or happenings of the Gold Coast, but it was simply a destination on my march (well flight) to freedom, so it suited me just fine.

I had visions of a stopover here on a new life adventure to the Bahamas, where I would spend my days incognito, fishing lazily from the side of a vibrant yellow boat, as the waves lolled in, and the sun beamed down.  But then the Birdman found me.  So I stayed.





































And, this town is definitely not my 'home' but, the t-shirt says it all, wherever he is, I am. And, while life ensues around us, we dream of a place we both will call home.

And busy little birds we are! Studying, and working, and living indeed!  But, we both dream of our next adventure, which we spend lazy Sundays on blankets rambling on about together. A little piece of land, some chickens, a few golden haired, gumbooted babes, and unlike our current abode with only walls dividing our lives and the lives of others, space, to roam, and be free and not hear the neighbours chewing their food.

I hang on the coat tails of people who share my dream and are lucky enough to make them happen.  Like this lovely lady with her crafty space, and this lucky lady has pretty much got my dreams in hand, and this woman, well she's living out my dream in every inch of it's entirety.


We have a gameplan, and even a timeframe to work to, and every now and then, I indulge my little dreams and tap them into the domain search engine to see what awaits us upon arrival.
And, I'm always joyus and excited about what I find.

This (be still my beating heart) was found just the other day, and epitomises everything I could ever wish for.




All images from Domain

and now all this little cabin needs to do is wait, patiently, for us to arrive... home.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow that cabin looks beautiful. So perfect, so peaceful. x

    ReplyDelete