Pages

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Tunesday

I've decided that this whole 30 days, 30 songs thing is not cool. (Sorry if you were the genius who came up with this idea), but I feel rattled by the whole thing.  I am not that great with expectations and guidelines. I'm a tangent kinda person, and this whole categorising thing just isn't working for me.  And this is my blog, so I decide!

So, Tunesday stands, as music is just freakin' rad, and there are so many awesome musical adventures to be had, but now, as I mentioned, I decide. Got it? Good.

 

This whole album is just knocking my socks off the more I listen.  Yes, I was well aware of it when it came out, two billion years ago, but I am a dedicated appreciator of music, and I never download anything ever

So it is a matter of running the gauntlet and hoping to survive the madness that is 'Shopping Malls' in order to get my hot little hands on whatever piece of musical bliss is rattling around in my head at that moment.  My expeditions to such places are far and few between, and though I so wish I were a 'list maker' I am not, and so I stand in the albums section of whatever 'Giant conglomerate music shop' and think whaaaaat! whaaaaaat!? am I supposed to be buying again?! 

 

I think the sweat and terror of the shopping mall madness create havoc inside my head, and all fails me.  I could be tapping out a tune on the steering wheel, or humming a melody in the carpark, but the moment I set foot inside those doors, the task at hand and the many obstacles in my path to music glory rattle me, and I forget.  So, yes I have wanted this album for a long time, but yes, it has taken me all that time to steel my nerves and actually get the transaction done. 

But, the wait was well worth it indeed.  This piece of musical magic, which I described to a fellow listener as 'so subtle, yet so emotive' has my heart. It's one of those beauties, where the more you listen, the more electric sparks fly inside your being, and the more your heart beats, and the more you feel alive. Oh yeah! I dig it.

 

Much love ..xx

1 comment:

  1. LOVE it so. it only came out last year (or was two billion years ago a joke!)-- i love vanderlyle crybaby geeks. i listened to it on loop whilst studying at the end of last year. bloodbuzz ohio reminds me of roadtrips .. and i also love 'england'. his voice is just so beautifully soothing .. x

    ReplyDelete