Pages

Monday 11 July 2011

Sunday fun

Oh what a day!


The restful Sunday that I so wished for was a happening thing, and joyful and relaxing indeed.

First there was a sun-speckled blanket, just as I imagined, with the Birdman lying at my side. We read, lay about, and so enjoyed the way that the winter sun warmed our bones and our souls alike. Tis such a different thing, the winter sun, the way that it really seeps inside your skin, like a warm liquid, and makes your insides feel right.

After that, we made a rash decision to go and watch a movie at the Arts Centre.  I say rash, because normally, movie theatres and me, they are certainly not the best match.  I pretty much baulk at anything coming out of Hollywood, have not picked a new release off the shelf since I was about 15, and am nearly always dissapointed by lack-lustre cinematic efforts. In fact, the last time I went to the movies was about 2 years ago, and I walked out about 30 minutes in in complete and utter disgust. 
So, to say I was optimistic would be a lie, but I had nowhere to be, and nothing to do, so why not fly with the Birdman, and see where we landed?

And, can I just say? Complete. Movie. Magic!
I laughed, as did everyone in the cinema, until I cried.  Understated, Fantastic, Comedic, Brilliant.
The movie?  The Trip. One thing I am certainly not? A movie critic (unless that means critical of almost all movies) but I will say this...Go see it! Do!


Source


Sunday fun indeed.  Hooray for life ..xx

3 comments:

  1. I will put it on my list 'to see' - this is a lovely positive post! Envious of your sun-speckled blanket - the sun here is a bit too weak so the weekend was spent by the warmth of our flat fire instead. Nothing quite beats the sun though. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello Ada (or is it birdman?) I will go and see this movie as I too never go to the cinema because it BORES me!

    xo em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Georgi, I do so very well remember frosty Dunedin winters, the perils of ice-coated foothpaths, and the condensation that gathered upon the walls of my student-flat bedroom. I have chased, and found the winter sun, and am glad to have. Although, the joy of a crackling fire is something I certainly miss.

    Mrs Beetle, I am Ada, and the Birdman is my Birdman

    ..xx

    ReplyDelete